The picture is Terry sanding the arms of the dining room chairs. We are doing three at a time. He realized how much sanding those little ole arms take and decided to take it on for me.
I sewed the cushion cover for one of the dining room chairs. This one was a test because I wasn't sure it would look good enough. Thankfully, it looks okay. Terry was amazed about the process of covering buttons. (He stopped by the postoffice to pick up my order for the stuff to do this.)
Terry then put a new light switch on the fan-light in the yellow room. I took a picture of him and realized, again, how ugly that ceiling was. I let him choose the color for it. My daughters-in-law reminded me that my allowing him to choose wasn't the smartest idea I have had because he is color blind. (in some areas)
After the light switch was replaced we moved a couple of small pieces of furniture and called it a day. Here is what will be coming up in future posts. (I have to get back to writing soon. Oh well....)
1) Stain the arms and base of 6 dining room chairs.
2) Sew covers for 5 dining room chairs. (One is done! Yay!) pictures coming tomorrow.
3) Put 2 to 3 coats of varnish on dining room chairs.
4) Put fabric on seat cushions of 5 dining room chairs with power stapler.
5) Assemble chairs and put cushions on 6 chairs.
1) Gut old stereo. I will be doing this.
2) rearrange storage in old stereo with small baskets holding CDs, VCR tapes, Cassetts, long play records, 78 records, 45 records, and movies. I will be doing this with help from Terry if I need construction help.
3) Wire more plugs in the yellow room. (Terry does this.)
4) On Pinterest they had a pin on how to buy an $89. thing to attach to your VCR and laptop to transfer the recording to your computer. Now, I will put this on my computer that the keyboard gives me fits and not my good one. OR I will get another hard drive. (I have no idea how to do that, but I can learn.) Little by little I will get those movies copied!
Do something about that yellow room ceiling. I'm thinking "planking".
Sorry this was so long.
Prayer for today: God You are good and Your mercy endures forever. Even though I have a loose plan for today, I want You to direct me in the ways You would have me go. I love you and am amazed at Your great love for me.